- Banda – As in Her Excellency Dr Joyce Banda, President of the Republic of Malawi. Often referred to as “JB”.
- Bingu – Bingu wa Mutharika, the deceased previous President of the Republic of Malawi, who JB succeeded under some controversy. The BICC (Bingu International Conference Centre) is very near our house in Area 11 of Lilongwe.
- Blantyre – Commonly acknowledged as the commercial and industrial capital of Malawi. I’ve been there a few times and it is quite nice. More compact and feels more like a proper city which you can walk around, compared to Lilongwe.
- The BOBs – The Bishop Mackenzie Old Boys football team, who I play for semi-regularly on Saturday mornings. Bishop Mackenzie International School is one of the top schools in Lilongwe, or even Malawi. More football related posts here.
- Boma – Small town or trading centre e.g. Nsanje Boma. A funny myth is that boma is an acronym for British Overseas Management Administration.